For months now I have been admiring photographs on Pinterest and Instagram of Hoop Art. The use of an embroidery hoop (wooden or plastic) to create and display a piece of fabric that has an embroidery or fabric design created on it. This is then displayed within the embroidery hoop, and hung as art.
|Easter Bunny - Hoop Art|
My skills when it comes to embroidery are at the bottom of the skill scale, so I decided to use fabric to create my own simple but effective Easter themed hoop art.
- I used some fabric from my scrap pile. Calico for the background and a pink polka dot for the bunny.
- I download the bunny template from the internet, but you could use any design.
- Once cut out used a little fabric spray adhesive, this temporarily stops the bunny hopping around on the fabric.
- I sewed around the edge of the bunny with a glitter pink thread.
- Placed inside the embroidery hoop, before trimming the fabric.
- I hand sewed around the edge of the fabric using a large running stitch, and gently pulled the thread in order to gather the fabric at the back of the hoop.
- Added a little decorative ribbon to hang my hoop from.
|Hoop Art - Easter Crafting|
The pink bunny hoop art is now displayed in my craft room, which the pink bunny co-ordinates with perfectly.