I recently received a delivery of a shiny new garden hand trowel and some flower seeds from Wilkinson, or Wilko as they are known to everyone.
I have been busy planting out my Red Chard seedlings in one of the raised beds, the trowel easy managed this well dug soil. Later I was digging out soil for my sweet peas, these are located in the ground near the greenhouse and garage wall. Here there is some serious clay soil and stones, the trowel levered them out. I was worried I may bend or even break the blade, but it stood up to the task. The blade is not thin stainless steel, but thick enough to withstand most gardening tasks.
I planted out the Wilkinson Sunflower seeds, variety Little Leo into two large pots, following the guidance on the rear of the packet. Last year I had admired the dwarf Sunflowers my sister had in pots on her patio, really eye-catching. The seeds are jet black, so take care in placing them in the soil, if you drop them they are immediately camouflaged! They should be visible in the next 14 days. Keep an eye out on my Twitter and Facebook feeds as I will post update on their status.
- There is a very good selection of flower seeds at Wilkinson, they are priced from just 60p a packet.
- Each seed packet contains very clear guidance of how, when and where best to plant the seeds. Great for novice gardeners.
- Sturdy wooded handle on the trowel, which enabled a good grip even with my gardening gloves on.
- The trowel was made in China and there was no mention if the wood being from sustainable source.
- Seeds suitable for novice to expert gardeners, including children.
- The trowel is a must have for all gardeners.
The important stuff…
- Hand trowel - 31cms height
- Stainless steel blade, wooden handle.
- RRP £4.00
- Flower seeds
- Packets of seeds start from 60p
Disclaimer: I was sent the trowel and seeds from Wilkinson for the purpose of review.