I have spoken before about how your bedroom should be your personal sanctuary - a place you can retreat to, relax, unwind and recharge your batteries.
To help you make this space truly special, bespoke fitted bedrooms specialist Norwood Interiors has taken a look at some of the top bedroom trends of the moment and how you can work them into your home.
|Photo Credit: David Mao Unsplash|
Transform your bedroom today with the following home improvement tips from Norwood Interiors:
An interior trend that is just as popular in 2016 as it was in 2015, Scandinavian style means minimal clutter, the use of bare materials and giving a room a bright and clean atmosphere by means of minimalism.
Here’s a few ways to go down the Nordic path with your bedroom today:
- Choose a grey and off-white colour palette, along with warm wooden accents.
- Drench your bedroom in plenty of natural light by choosing not to hang curtains.
- Keep floorboards bare.
- Accessorise with lots of indoor plants.
- Opt for clever furniture with hidden compartments which will keep stuff stored out of sight when they aren’t in use.
We have already touched on bringing wood into your bedroom with a Scandinavian-inspired setting, but another way to use the material to great effect in this space is by using reclaimed wood.
A favourite with eco-conscious homeowners, reclaimed wood also brings textural beauty to a bedroom when its used as the material of choice for your room’s accent walls. It seamlessly blends into any style of bedroom too.
Hoping to introduce more reclaimed wood into your bedroom? Everything from side tables to ceiling inserts and a custom bed can be designed to great effect with this material.
After a number of years of wallpaper taking a back seat to painted walls and statement walls, its time for wallpaper to be popular once again in the decorating world.
A great way to usher in colour and contrast to your bedroom, you have a few options available when it comes to using wallpaper:
- Opt for understated wallpaper and you’ll be able to add a new pattern to your bedroom without causing too much disturbance to the current colour scheme of the space.
- Go for a vibrant pattern and your bedroom will come alive with the new decoration.
- Choose to wallpaper only the smaller sections of your bedroom when you’re still working out whether this will be the best way to decorate the room.
Are you planning any room makeovers in the year ahead?
Disclosure: This is a collaborated post.