A rich and easy Chocolate Nougat Mousse Recipe, made using a standard chocolate nougat bar (you know that triangle bar) or a mint version. I have made both and they are equally nice, rich and chocolatey.
Recipe - Mint Chocolate Nougat Mousse
- heatproof bowl
- balloon whisk or electric hand whisk
- wooden spoon
- small glasses to serve in
Serves 6 -8
295g of Swiss Nougat Mint Chocolate I purchased mine from Aldi
6 tbsp boiling water
275ml creme fraiche
2 egg whites
- Break the chocolate into chunks (keep one chuck to one side for decorating) with the boiling water in the heatproof bowl
- suspend the bowl over a saucepan of lightly simmering water, allow the chocolate to melt
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool until it thickens and fold in the creme fraiche.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into small glasses or dainty cups and saucers.
- Chill for a minimum of 6 hours.
Before serving decorate with fragments of the chocolate you keep to one side.