This Butterscotch Shortbread recipe, has just a few ingredients to create a taste of luxury. My basic shortbread recipe is a tried and trusted one, with a simple addition of tiny pieces of fudge. Once baked the fudge turns into small pieces of tasty butterscotch.
Butterscotch Shortbread RecipeIngredients
250g (9oz) plain flour
75g (3oz) caster sugar
175g (6oz) butter
fudge sprinkles 1 - 2 tablespoons
Tip - If you can not get the fudge sprinkles cut up a few pieces of fudge into very small pieces.
Heat oven to 160 degrees C / 325 degrees F / Gas 3
Grease or line a baking tray
- Mix the flour and sugar into a bowl, rub in butter with your fingertips.
- Sprinkle in the fudge pieces a tablespoon or two will be sufficient.
- Knead well to form a smooth paste.
- Roll out onto a floured surface, so that the dough is around 1cm thick.
- Cut out using a pastry cutter of your choosing.
Tip - If you do not have a cutter use a knife to cut your shortbread into rectangles. You may need to adjust the cooking time, depending on the size of your cutter.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are just starting to golden.