Fancy Pants Cheesecake recipe ? Do not be confused by the name of this cheesecake, put simply is a Banana and Chocolate Cheesecake. I like 'No bake' cheesecakes they are so easy to make, once assembled together they can be placed into the fridge until required the following day.
This is another bake from my list of bakes, I promised I would work my way through earlier this year. This recipe was taken from the Cake Magic recipe book, a book I turn to time and time again.
Chocolate and Banana Cheesecake Recipe (No Bake)
8 inch loose bottom cake tin lined
100g Chocolate digestive biscuits (milk or plain your choice)
100g Chocolate Hobnob biscuits
100g Butter100g icing sugar
Bananas (approx 2)
large packet Malteasers
300ml Double cream
500g Cream cheese
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste (or 1 vanilla pod)
- Crush up the biscuits, I put them in a bowl and crushed them with the end of a rolling pin or you can use a blender.
- Melt the butter in the microwave, pour the melted butter over the biscuits and mix well together.
- Put the biscuit mixture into the cake tin and using the back of a spoon flatten down and into the edges. Leave to chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Whip the double cream to a thick stiff consistency, then add the cream cheese and vanilla and combine together.
- Pour half of the cream mixture onto the the chilled biscuit base and smooth.
- Slice the bananas and toss in a little lemon juice to prevent them going brown, arrange the sliced bananas on top of the cheesecake.
- Add the remaining cream mixture to cover the bananas, create a smooth top. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Prior to serving top with Malteasers