No Bake Recipe, Chewy Toffee and Cashew Nut Cookies - I baked these having spotted the recipe as part of a book launch promotion by Quercus books for No Bake Baking book, where you will also find the source of the recipe. There are just four ingredients to make these no bake biscuits, so very simple and tasty.
|No Bake Toffee and Cashew Nut Cookies|
- 40 cm length of parchment paper
- wooden spoon
250g individually wrapped toffees2 tbsp double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g salted cashew nuts
- Cut the parchment paper
- Unwrap the toffees and put into the saucepan along with the cream and vanilla.
- Warm on a gentle heat and stir constantly.
- Once all melted stir in the cashew nuts.
- Quickly spread the mixture into a thick sausage shape on to the centre of the parchment paper measuring 22cms. There is a great tip to use rubber gloves to protect your hands from the heat of the toffee.
- Roll the parchment paper around the toffee, twisting the ends.
- Pop onto a tray to cool for 30 minutes then place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour until set firm.
- Remove the paper, using a sharp knife cut into 22 pieces approx 1 cm thick.
They store for 3-4 days in a fridge but I am sure they will not last that long!
The August Biscuit Barrel challenge is no bake, perfect for this recipe. On the subject of No Bake guess what the theme is for Treat Petite this month, hosted by Cakeboi and The Baking Explorer.
Other recipes you may like to try:-