|Easy to use and clear display Orb Electronic|
scales from Salter
The Precision Orb Electronic Scales have a number of features - an add and weigh function which allows you to weigh multiple ingredients in the same bowl. Aquatronic function for measuring liquids in either ml or fl oz. A lovely large and clear backlight LCD digital display.
|Shiny measuring bowl|
- Mesmerised by a bowl - there is just some thing about the stainless steel measuring bowl, its look, its feel. The way the sugar or flour glides out into your mixing bowl. Daft of me I know, but I was really taken with it. Oh and its lightweight too.
- No disappearing display - if the scales display is showing zero the scales will automatically turn off after 1 minute. However it will turn off after 3 minutes if the display shows the same weight reading. Giving you that leeway to get the next bag of flour out of the cupboard, to make up the rest of your ingredients.
- Weighing liquids - this worked perfectly when making my scones. No need to get a clean measuring jug out of the cupboard, just push the on/off/reset button and then press ml/fl oz button and slowly pour in your milk - perfect!
- Big, bold display - the displaying digits are very clear to read, easy to reset.
- Made in china - whenever I see this on an item my heart sinks, all those miles of travel.
- Brighter - would love to see the scales in a choice of colours, that you could co-ordinate with other equipment in the range such as the adjustable rolling pin.
- A great gift for a novice or accomplished baker.
- Younger bakers, during one of my 7 year old nieces visits she made a cake, and needed no help at all in using the scales. Very straight forward even a child can use them.
- Comes with a whopping 15 year guarantee.
- Comes with 3 x AAA batteries
- Max weight x resolutions: 5kg x 1g, 11lb x 1/8oz, 5000ml x 1ml, 175fl.oz x 1/8fl.oz
- Product dimensions: 23.1 x 23.1 x 22.7cm
- The stainless steel measuring bowl is dishwasher daft
- In a presentation box
- RRP £39.99
Recipe Cranberry and Dark Chocolate Chip Scones
- bowl or electronic food mixer
- 2 1/4 inch crinkle end pastry cutter
- baking sheet
- pastry brush
8oz self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
150 ml milk1 oz dried cranberries
1 oz dark chocolate drops
extra flour for rolling out
extra milk for glazing
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Rub the butter into the flour with your finger tips, until it resembles breadcrumbs. Or use an electric mixer.
- Add and briefly mix in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Add all the milk, and mix to a soft sticky dough, using either your hands or your electric mixer.
- Turn out onto a well floured work surface. I don't roll my dough out I use my hands to gentle flatten the dough to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 9 rounds using the 2 1/4 inch crinkle cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet and glace with milk.
These scones were nice either warm from the oven or cold.
Other scone recipes you may like to try:-
Salter sent me these scales for the purpose of this review.