Sparking Lemonade and Lime Jelly recipe can be found on page 165 The Hairy Dieters cookery book.
The recipe is for six jellies, I halved the ingredients and still made four small jellies.
3 sheets of leaf gelatine
2 tbsp Lime squash
25 ml water
300 ml diet lemonade
the recipe in the book suggested blueberries and raspberries. However I used a handful of raspberries from my garden (not many left now) and cheated and opened a tin of peaches!
- soak the gelatine for 5 minutes in water
- add the cordial and water into a saucepan and warm through, then remove from heat
- take the gelatine and squeeze out the excess water then add it to the pan of water and stir, it should dissolve almost immediately
- pour the lemonade into a jug add the gelatine mixture and stir, watch out this will fizz up.
- add the fruit to your glasses then pour in most of the jelly, keep some back but do not put this in the fridge.
- pop your jellies in the fridge to set for 3 hours, take out and stir the wobbly jelly this will activate the extra bubbles. Top off with the remaining jelly mixture you kept back.
I liked this recipe it gives you scope to be creative. Using different fruit you may have growing in the garden, or which tins of fruit are in your cupboards. I thought I may try this with tonic water, ginger ale or of course champagne. Obviously you will need to watch your ingredients if you still want to maintain this dessert as a diet option.