Chocolate and Honey Madeleines Recipe
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C
60g unsalted butter - melted
1 large egg
50g caster sugar
50g plain flour
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
tablespoon or two of honey
|Chocolate and Honey Madeleines|
- Melt the butter, use some of the melted butter to liberally grease the Madeleine tray. Put the rest of the butter to one side to cool.
- Whisk the egg and caster sugar together until it is thick and fluffy, the whisk should leave a ribbon trail when you lift it out of the mixture.
- Measure the flour then remove 2 teaspoons of the flour and replace it with 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into the egg and sugar mixture and fold in.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the cooled melted butter, again fold into the mixture.
- Half fill each mould and bake for just 8 minutes, until firm to the touch.
- Leave in the tin for a few minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Whilst the Chocolate Madeleines are still warm brush them with a little warmed honey using a pastry brush.
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like to try Lemon Madeleines.
I love it when a recipe fits into two baking challenges. This is my entry to April's Classic French baking challenge theme of Madeleines at Blue Kitchen Bakes.
I am also entering these Madeleines into April's We Should Cocoa, over at Chocolate Log Blog this months ingredient being Honey with Chocolate.