|Easter Biscuits Recipe|
Easter Biscuits Recipe
Makes 15-17 biscuits
Oven temp 200 degrees C
75g caster sugar
100g butter (softened)
1 egg separated
200g plain flour
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground mixed spice
1 level tablespoon mixed peel
1-2 tablespoons milk
caster sugar for sprinkling
- Cream together to butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg yolk.
- Sift the flour, salt, and spices into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the fruit
- Add the milk, you should have a soft dough.
- Onto a floured surface gently roll out the mixture, until 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut out your biscuits using a fluted round pastry cutter, I used sized 3inch / 7 1/2cms
- Place them onto a lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes oven temp 200 degrees.
- Remove them from the oven and using a pastry brush carefully brush each biscuit with egg white and then sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Place back in the oven for a final 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when lightly golden and allow to cool for ten minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack.
|Easter Treats Hamper|
Love this recipe - Pin me on Pinterest!I'm entering my Easter Biscuits into March's Calendar Cakes baking challenge hosted by Laura from Laura Loves Cakes and co-hosted by Rachel from Dolly Bakes. The theme this month is Easter Extravaganza - yes I know these are not technically cake but they have the same ingredients (almost!).