I've got a great recipe for American style breakfast pancakes that I've used for the last five years. Sadly I can't credit the magazine the recipe is from as there is no mention on the cutout, but I can share it with you all.
Chocolate American Pancakes Recipe
Makes 8-9 pancakes (serves 4)
125g plain flour
3 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
125ml natural yogurt
2 tbsp milk
25g butter, plus a little extra
1 tsp sunflower oil
75g chocolate chips (milk or dark)
- Into a bowl sift the flour then add the sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour in the yogurt, milk and break in the eggs. Whisk together.
- Melt 25g butter and add to the bowl together with the chocolate chips and stir.
- Heat a little butter and sunflower oil in a frying pan or flat griddle pan, over a low/medium flame until hot.
- Add a ladle/large spoonful of mixture to the pan, repeating with the remaining mixture. After about 2 minutes flip over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
I love serving these Chocolate American Pancakes with warm maple syrup accompanied with a glass of orange juice a fabulous weekend breakfast.
Tip - replace the chocolate chips with soft fruit such as raspberries, blueberries, chopped strawberries or I also like sultanas.
I'm posting this breakfast pancake recipe for the Breakfast Club, this months blog hop is being hosted by Chocolate Log Blog with a chocolate theme. For more information you can visit The Breakfast Club at Fuss Free Flavours.