|Easy recipe for Pistachio biscuits|
Pistachio Biscuits - Recipe
90g butter (room temperature)
80g golden caster sugar
80g demerara sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 large egg
250g self raising flour
70g pistachios (roughly chopped)
If you prefer you can replace the pistachios with walnuts or as I've done previously sultanas. The great thing about this recipe is that once the biscuits are baked they freeze really well for up to a month.
I like to make these biscuits using a wooden spoon but you could of course you an electric whisk.
Make sure you have your baking sheets ready and at hand.
|Pistachio biscuit recipe|
- Beat the butter until soft and creamy, gradually beat in the two types of sugar for 2 minutes. At this point you may have wished to use an electric whisk!
- Beat in the egg a little at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla, flour and pistachios.
- Now to the messy bit, get your hands into the mixture to bring it together into a dough.
- Roll the dough into approximately 24 balls (about the size of a walnut)
- Space apart on the baking sheet, leaving room for them to spread.
- Flatten with a fork, this adds a nice pattern to the biscuit.
Bake in a pre-heated oven 180 degrees C or Gas 4 for 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and leave on the baking sheets for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
These biscuits a lovely enjoyed with a cup of tea or as part of a bigger occasion such as afternoon tea.