Orange and Chocolate Scones, not the first flavour of scone you may think of, but I had the urge for something other than plain or Cherry Scones. So with a single orange in the fruit bowl and a handful of dark chocolate chips at the bottom of a packet, I set to baking. I hope you enjoy this somewhat different scone recipe - especially for National Baking Week 15-21st October.
Orange and Chocolate Scones - Recipe
8oz self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 pint of milk
Zest of one orange
1 1/2 oz dark chocolate drops
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your finger tips, until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the orange zest and chocolate chips.
- Add all the milk, and mix to a soft sticky dough, I use my hands for this.
- Turn out onto a well floured work surface. I don't roll my dough out I use my hands to gentle flatten the dough to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 6 rounds using the 2 1/2 inch cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet and glace with milk.
Tip - you can get a few extra Orange and Chocolate scones out of this recipe by using a smaller sized cutter.