I had picked almost a pound of strawberries from the garden, and there is absolutely nothing I enjoy more than homemade Strawberry Jam. I want to share with you an easy strawberry jam recipe.
|Easy Strawberry jam recipe|
Here is a very simple jam recipe. You will find that there is not even a large metal pan or thermometer in site, just a Pyrex bowl and a microwave. I admit to being a little sceptical at first about making jam this way. But, I was really pleasantly surprised it was easy and in my opinion less hazardous than making jam on the hob.
Easy Strawberry Jam Recipe
800gr of prepared Strawberries (wash, trimmed and cut into quarters)
1 sachet of pectin
1 kg granulated sugar
knob of butter
|Microwave Strawberry jam recipe|
- Place the strawberries into a bowl, ideally a glass bowl so you can see how the jam is boiling.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 7 minutes,the fruit should be uncovered.
- Carefully crush the fruit with a potato masher.
- Add the sugar and pectin and knob of butter and stir.
- Cook on high for a further 14 minutes, stirring halfway through. Again the fruit should be uncovered.
- Make sure that the mixture was boiling vigorously for 4 minutes during this time.
Ladle into you sterilised jam jars. I sterilise mine in the microwave, but you can just as easily pop them into a hot oven or dishwasher.
If you have screw top lids there is no need to add a circle of greaseproof paper on top of the jam. Carefully put the tops on.
Once the jam has cooled, label and decorate your jars as you wish.
|Could there be anything better than Strawberry Jam on toast|