You could be confused, after all what is the difference between a cake and a ceramic tile. In this case the answer is simple, its a 'Birthday'! So here is a cake I made for my aunt's birthday. Its based on a ceramic tile she designed herself last year when we visited the Jackfield Tile Museum near Ironbridge, which I blogged backed in August 2010.
I think she was quite pleased with it, it was quite simple to do, no time consuming sugar paste figures or flowers to make.
Just a few simple steps:-
- Enlarged a print out of the photo of the tile
- Traced over the outline onto greaseproof paper
- Roll out the coloured sugar paste
- Marked the design onto the sugar paste with pin pricks
- Cut out and assemble like a jigsaw.
So Happy Birthday Auntie Sue!